Press Release(d)

Hi everyone,

Welcome to this week's Arctic Ride blog about my 6,000 mile motorbike challenge to the Arctic Circle in 2014.

First of all I must say a massive thanks to my donators this week. Be assured that you all will be getting an invite to my Arctic Ride after party which will be held when I return next year. The total is now up to £100 which is 4% of my target of £2,500. Still a long way to go but this is an excellent start.

The big news of this week is that I've been pressing ahead with getting the message out about Arctic Ride 2014. This has been in the form of getting some merchandise for my trip. I was a able to find a local embroidery company based in North Shields called A Stitch In Thyme run by a canny chap called Herby. Herby was kind enough to send me a complementary sample of my logo embroided on to a piece of material, and I must say its looks rather good (see picture below).
As the sample looked so good I went for a meeting with Herby yesterday and I ordered a few garments with the logo embroided on to help promote my trip whilst I am out and about. I ordered a regatta jacket, a polo shirt and a neck warmer for the bike. Also, I left my motorbike jacket with him to embrioded the logo on to so I can show off to other bike while I'm out riding.

I will hopefully be getting my order back this week, so watch out for photos of the new gear being modelled by yours truly in next week's blog.

I'd like to say a special thanks to my mate Paul who helped make my logo a reality and for putting the effort in to make it look so professional. It sure does help to work for the world's biggest IT company when you need a logo making.

Also this week I sent out my press release to the local media. So far I have received good feedback with an article in the Whitley Bay News Guardian and I have been in contact with the Newcastle Evening Chronicle and the Northern Echo about running articles.

I've also been chatting with several local and one global company about sponsorship for my trip. I'm offering several packages to help fund my trip as, with the rising cost of petrol and the amount of food I eat, the cost of funding this trip is one of huge personal expense and having a few businesses on board to help towards those costs would be welcomed. They would also assist in getting the word out about my trip and about charity Cerebra. Hopefully in the coming week's blog's I will have one of these sponsors 'over the line' and confirmed. Watch this space.

If you know of a business that might be interested in sponsoring Arctic Ride 2014 please tell them to get in contact at gordon_stuart1@hotmail.com

Finally, this week I have been pushing more on my media exploits and with the help of my little brother Robbie I have made a few videos.

The first is me interviewing Robbie. He is my inspiration for my trip and has been helped out by my chosen Charity Cerebra. He has special needs and is normally very shy but he's very sweet in this chat.



The second one is a quick video of Robbie interviewing me :)



I hope you have enjoyed reading this week's blog. Please look around my site. I now have some new pages; a Press Coverage page, and a page for my Sponsors.

Please share about my trip and if you can, donate at www.virginmoneygiving.com/arcticride2014.

Ride safe.

Gordon

P.s. 397 days till lift off.

Comments

Popular Posts