Sponsor 'Over the line': Newcastle Rider Training

Good day,

To those of you in the UK, I hope you are enjoying / did enjoy your bank holiday weekend. The weather here in the North East has been rather lovely and I hope the bikers among you managed to get out for a wee ride.

In the Arctic Ride news this week, I had the amazing news that I now have my first official corporate sponsor in Newcastle Rider Training. Newcastle Rider Training are a rather excellent motorbike training school based in Lemmington just outside my hometown of Newcastle upon Tyne. After an email conversation spanning the past few weeks I went to meet owner Neil on Wednesday. We spent an hour or so discussing my trip and all of my ideas and Neil and Newcastle Rider Training signed on to sponsor me, and Arctic Ride, until July 2014. I am very proud to be associated with Newcastle Rider Training and I am so please that I have found a local company with the same ideas and passion to back my challenge to the Arctic. Over the coming months you will see more and more of Newcastle Rider Training including biking tips from Neil and his team, videos of what Newcastle Rider Training do and some special offers and discounts for motorcycle training at their school. Also you will see there logo popping up a lot more. Please spread the word and check out their website. See the right hand panel and the 'Sponsors' tab for more information.


http://www.motorcycletraining.net/

On the sponsorship front this week my little brother Robbie has once again been on form and after his exploits this week now has his own total sponsorship amount standing at a whopping £28! Not only that but Robbie has now invested in his own donations tin to keep the money safe and has plenty of his homemade sponsorship forms ready for would be donators to sign. I caught up with Robbie during the week and we posed with his tin and forms (see below).

Robbie and Gordon
My trip got some more press coverage this week when the North East's arts & culture dispatch KYEO.tv ran a great story about my challenge to the Arctic. They focused on how my trip is different to other fundraisers out there which gave me great encouragement. You can read it here or on my 'Press Coverage' tab.

Its now 383 days to go until take off and my sponsorship total is running at a great £148. I appreciate that I am not going until next year but any money that you can spare would go a long way to helping children with neurological conditions and their families. If you would like to donate please visit www.virginmoneygiving.com/arcticride2014. Please remember that Cerebra get NO government funding a rely 100% on the generosity of people like you to help them continue their great work.

For those of you that follow me on twitter, I found out some information on a local counsellor called Colin Brewer. It appears that he made a very derogatory comment towards disabled children. As I only found out about this today I am going to investigate it further and let you know the details in the next couple of days. Vulnerable children can;t stand up for themselves and need a voice when they can't use there own. As an ambassador for Cerebra, I will help be that voice not only for Robbie but for any other children who are in need.

Ride safe y'all.

Gordon

Comments

Popular Posts