Last blog in June... photos and videos

Hi everyone,

Welcome to this week's blog.

This week I went to visit my sponsor Newcastle Rider Training to have a chat with them about the kind of things we will be collaborating on as part of Arctic Ride. Rather than you all having to read what I was up to I made a vlog (video log). Also, this was meant to be a bike vlog but the car had to do after I had some bike issues (see video for details).


I hope you enjoyed that wee video and seeing my face for a few minutes :) If you are thinking "wow that jacket looks awesome... I wonder if I can get it in a polo shirt, neck warmer or motorbike patch?!" well you are in luck, as you can buy them direct from my website (see the merchandise page) with all profits going to Cerebra.

Also this week I finally managed to get my panniers fitted and I managed to fix the indicator issue all by myself (2 man points for Gordon). Needless to say I'm a very happy biker and that almost all the mods done to the bike reading for the trip next year. All I need to get now is a charger for all my gadgets while I am away and then I will be set.

On Sunday of this week I went on a ride out to Northumberland with my mate Ant who has as a rather nice looking SV650S.

Bamburgh Castle, Northumberland
One of the reasons for heading out (do you ever need a reason to head out for a ride...) was to do some filming of me on the bike to make a kind of trailer/teaser video, not only to promote my YouTube channel but also to promote my trip as a whole and tell those folks, who don't know already, that I will be filming my entire 6,000 Arctic Adventure. Now the footage from this ride isn't ready for publishing yet but if you subscribe to my YouTube channel you'll get a notification as soon as it has been posted.

If you didn't see my blog week please check it out as it contains the results form my Route Home Vote. Click here to read.

Finally this week I want to update on how the fundraising is going. I'm now up to 11% of my total so far which is amazing. Bike thanks to all those how have donated this week, especially to my biker buddy Paul McNally (and his lady) who rides a Yamaha R6.

Also I would like to MotorSportUK who made a very generous donation. As a thank you I sent a few Arctic Ride related bits through the post.


So thats all for this week folks. Thanks for tuning in and viewing my blog. Please keep spreading the word about my trip.

Twitter - 'Follow' @arcticride2014
Facebook - 'Like' Arctic Ride 2014
YouTube - 'Subscribe' - Arctic Ride 2014

Donations - With 100% going to charity Cerebra
CLICK HERE TO DONATE

Ride Safe,

Gordon



Comments

Popular Posts