Filming week

Hi everyone.

Summer is nearly over so I've been trying to cram in as much biking and Arctic Ride stuff before the weather turns.

As you can see from this week's blog title its all been about filming!

The first exciting news it that I have ordered my GoPro helmet camera, some memory cards, and a helmet mic, all of which I will need for my trip if I am going to document it and turn it into a film. They should all arrive this week so I can't wait to test them out!

My first lot of filming happened on Tuesday when I went to see Neil at Newcastle Rider Training. The idea of visiting was to get some tips on biking from a professional instructor and share those tips with all my readers and viewers on YouTube. As a biker there is always room for improvement.

Filming at Newcastle Rider Training
The topics we covered included; Braking, Riding Abroad, Overtaking, and positioning. We managed to get a lot of footage on the day which is all still to be processed, edited, and uploaded on to YouTube... so watch out for those popping up on YouTube. To get the latest videos from my YouTube channel you can subscribe at the following link: http://www.youtube.com/user/gordonstuart88

The second lot of filming happened on Wednesday when I hit the road and traveled up to Kielder Water in Northumberland near the Scottish boarder. This time I was meeting up with MPH Studios who are a production company from the North East of England. MPH got in contact after seeing my story on twitter and wanted to help out and boy I'm glad they did.

Filming with Phil and Jon from MPH studios
The idea of the promo was built after a meeting with MPH a few months ago to see what they could provide and we agreed to head up to Kielder to get some footage and do an interview about my Arctic Ride.

Phil and Jon from MPH were brilliant on the day and directed and shot some great videos coming up with great ideas that I would have never even thought. Also in the studio Phil created a very awesome animation to help express my route. So after 178 miles of riding and hours of production effort from MPH the promo video for my Arctic Ride was born. You can see the video below (2.36 minutes). Enjoy!




Thats all for this week folks. Thanks again for reading and please keep spreading the word. Also, I know its Great North Run time, but if you would like to donate (with all monies going to Cerebra) please visiting my Donations page

Like Arctic Ride 2014 on Facebook
Follow Arctic Ride 2014 on Twitter
Subscribe to Arctic Ride 2014 on YouTube

Ride safe!

Gordon

Comments

Popular Posts