Welcome to the Blog/Update/Press Release

Hello everyone and welcome to my blog for Arctic Ride,

Progress with the trip has been coming along nicely. I've had my dissertation to do the past 5 months or so but its finally been handed in as of yesterday so I'm full steam ahead (apart from Wedding Planning and my other two uni assignments) with planning for Arctic Ride.

So this is where we are at so far:
  • I have been awarded a Travel Scholarship by Northumbria University (my uni) to help fund part of my travel costs.
  • The AA have very kindly given me free fully comprehensive European breakdown cover for the whole trip.
  • Charley Boorman and MP Alan Campbell have backed my trip.
My leaving date looks set to be Saturday 28th May 2011 with my return date Friday 24th June 2011. So that's going to be 28days on the road with just me, my bike and what will probably a very small tent to save room for much needed food. On the 28th of May I am planning a 'starting line' for the trip but I will have more info as this develops.

So far the total raised for Cerebra stands at £475! Thank you so much for everyone who has donated and for those who haven't please do.

Also this week has seen the Marketing Officer at Cerebra send out my press release to all the major bike mags and local and national media types so fingers crossed we get some interest and drum up even more support and donations.

Anyway that's all for now.

Ride safe.

Gordon

www.arcticride.webs.com

www.justgiving.com/arcticride

Comments

Popular Posts