Open for Business

Hi All,

Wowza... its been another busy busy week in world of Arctic Ride.

First of all I am able to announce that my donations/sponsorship page for Arctic Ride 2014 is now OPEN! Please follow this link and donate:

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/arcticride2014

Not only is it now open but I've also had my first donation from my mummy-in-law Marion. She's certainly set the bar high with a generous donation of £50. I understand however that not everyone will be able to provide such a donation but please give what you can to help brain injured children.

Also this week I have been in conversation with the charity Cerebra about some of my ideas for the trip and to get the OK from them to open up the virgin money giving page. Whilst on the phone I received the wonderful off to become an ambassador for Cerebra which I gladly excepted. I must admit that I am very honoured and privileged to be asked to do such a role and its one that will be a true pleasure to undertake.

In other news this week I managed to get my hands on 2 tickets for McFly who are playing Newcastle Academy this month. As much as I enjoy heading off to gigs at the academy I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to get some more vital funds for my trip so I've decided to auction them off. Its to be a silent auction where the highest bidder at the end of the week gets the tickets (maybe for a bargain, who knows...) for all the details visit my midweek blog - http://www.arcticride.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/mcfly-tickets-being-auctioned-for.html

Again, this week, twitter has been my friend and the perfect platform to build my Arctic Ride network. I'm now up to 300 follows and one of those is a nice chap called Bruce. Bruce is a local photographer and fellow motorbike nut and has kindly offered to help me take some professional shots of the bike to help with my PR. You can see some of Bruce's work at  http://www.allinsonsphotography.co.uk/. What this space for more information on this and also for some very nice photographs.

Bruce is now the third person to offer help along with NEFit and NomadBiker to offer help with my trip however to make my trip meet its full potential I still require further sponsors to help me along. If you know of anyone or any companies who might be interested in sponsoring me them please share this blog with them and my details.

That's all for this week folks. The weather seems to finally be picking so I might have more 'bike' related stories to share with you in the coming weeks.

Ride Safe

Gordon.
@arcticrid2014

Comments

Popular Posts