And his name is...

Hello there,

Welcome to the Arctic Ride 2014 blog. In May and June of 2014 I will ride my motorbike solo, 6,000 miles from my home town of Whitley Bay in the North of England to Nordkapp, Norway the most Northerly point in Europe and 500 miles North of the Arctic Circle. Its going to be an epic journey which I very excited yet very nervous about.

Now I know in the tagline I say that it's a solo motorbike ride but that's not strictly true. I will have an accomplice..


Gordon and Cerebra Bear (A.K.A. ???)
As you can see from the photo I will be taking my Cerebra Bear with me on my Arctic Ride as my mascot. I was presented with him as a thank you after my trip in 2011. However when I decided he was going to come to the Arctic with me I knew he needed to have a real name.

Big thanks to those who suggested names and voted (as I couldn't decide by myself with all the great suggestions). So here are the results....

In 5th place with 6% of the vote was... Pads.

In 4th place with 9% of the vote was... Sebastian

In 3rd place with 18% of the vote was...Whitley

In 2nd place with 21% of the vote was... Robbie

Meaning in 1st place with a whopping 45% of the vote and the OFFICIAL NAME of Cerebra Bear is....

BRIAN

Brian and Gordon
Brian proved the most popular name and I can see why with it being an anagram of brain which is apt with me raising money for brain-injury charity Cerebra. Big thanks Hayley Goleniowska (A.K.A DownSideUp) for the suggestion. Coincidentally Brian is the name of my dad which certainly made a few of my family chuckle when they saw the suggestions coming in. I just hope my Dad didn't keep voting just so it would have his name!

I'm really glad that I've managed to get Brian on-board as planning my trip is almost like having another full time job.. it never stops! I know some of you might say "Just take a step back" but I can't. I'm so passionate about raising as much money as possible I know that I need to keep going to keep the momentum up to raise awareness and ultimately raise much needed funds for Cerebra. To keep this going I really need your help to spread the word about what I am doing and to support my social media channels and watch my videos on YouTube. These kinds of things really help my cause commercially when trying to get companies on-board to sponsor me to assist with things like fuel and ferries.

My busyness has been further escalated by my imminent house move and the fact that my wife Kirsty has unfortunately broken her little toe meaning she can't really walk so we are super busy trying pack ready for the move.

That is all for this week folks. Look out for next week's blog where I will be talking about my photo shoot with my supporter Allinson's Photography and I will be showcasing/reviewing my new Reevu helmet.

Thanks also to all those who donated this week. The total is already at £375! Which is super! Big thanks to you all.

Ride safe y'all.

Gordon

www.virginmoneygiving.com/arcticride2014


Comments

Popular Posts