What's LoGoing On?

Hallo. God Dag. Hvordan går det?

I've just practicing my Norwegian! Although at the moment saying 'hello' and 'how are you?' is as far as I have got. Luckily English is very widely spoken in Norway so I should be alright, although I do want to try and learn some key phrases before I go out of politeness. The kind of things I am thinking of are:

  • Hello.
  • Do you Speak English?
  • Can I camp for one night?
  • Two beers please! (One for me and one for Brian)
These phrases tend to be the limit to my vocabulary in most languages that I dabble in  which is mainly French, Belgian, Swiss, Luxembourgian.. OK just French! and a small bit of German, and Spanish.

Anyway moving away from my cultural naivety its been another action packed week in the build up to my Arctic adventure. I've been working away on several aspects of the project, none of which have come to fruition yet, but in the middle of the work I came across something rather surprising. Basically, someone had copied my logo for a motorbike trip they were doing to the Arctic! Now that I have my GoPro camera  I was able to capture this event on video.. please check out the short video below for all the info and to see the copied logo for yourself. Video link


As you can see from the video I wasn't a happy biker but knew that I needed to keep my cool and an open mind as sometimes these things are a genuine mistake. Luckily for me it only took a day or so from discovering this logo and contacting the website owner for him to get in touch with me. He told me that this was a genuine mistake on his part and that someone else had made the logo for him and he didn't realize. Its certainly not for me to cast judgement as to whether or not this is the truth but the outcome of the logo being removed is certainty the best outcome for me and Arctic Ride 2014. I'll leave you to make up your own mind on that one.

Big thanks to everyone who got behind me on the logo issue, especially to Bernie, Kirsty, Christine, Hans, Paul Mc, and Lord Vulcan. It was a wonderful feeling to know I had a following behind me willing to fight my corner! I'm truly honored and I can't wait to represent you all on my journey to the Arctic in May next year.

So apart from the 'Logo fraud' its been a quiet week with nothing of note to write home about.. Hopefully this time next week that will have changed!

That's all for this week this folks! Please keep sharing my story and what I am doing.

Facebook - 'Like' Arctic Ride
Twitter - 'Follow' @arcticride2014
YouTube - 'Subscribe' to Arctic Ride 2014

Ride safe!

Gordon




Comments

Popular Posts