Custom my Lid

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the latest edition of my blog for Arctic Ride 2014 - A 6,000 mile solo motorbike adventure to the Arctic Circle to raise money for brain-injury charity Cerebra and to raise awareness for disability rights.

To help multiply the impact of my trip to the Arctic I've been looking for companies to partner with me on Arctic Ride. To date I'm being supported by Newcastle Rider Training, North East MotorCycle Racing Club (NEMCRC), Nomad Biker, Allinson's Photography, A-Plus Racing, and NEfit. All of these companies have been helping me by using their expertise and experience, or by providing funds for the 6,000 mile trip.


With it being November, and winter pretty much here, the season for biking is almost much over. Due to this, and the expense of Christmas fast approaching, my hopes of getting any more sponsors on board before the new year are pretty low. Over the past weeks I've been sending out letters, emails, and tweets to local companies to try and inform then about my trip and enquire as to whether they would be interested in helping me out. Now I can tell you, it gets you down when you keep sending bits out and hear nothing back. My wife Kirsty keeps my spirits up and reminds me of how much has happened since I started planning back in March of this year, but its still hard when you go months without progress.

It was back in September when I traveled the 60 miles up to Kielder forest in Northumberland to shoot my promo video (CLICK HERE to view). At the start of November it had over 600 views on YouTube which is awesome and I'd forwarded it to some local businesses to try and get some interest. One of those businesses was Custom Lids, a motorbike helmet and clothing shop in Newcastle. The response from their twitter account was positive and they seemed interested. I followed this up a few weeks later and I was invited into the shop to chat with the owner on 16th November 2013. Check out my vlog below about my ride to see them and what happened (mobile users click here to watch).



www.customlids.co.uk/
So the great news is that Custom Lids have agreed to come on board as a sponsor! Big thanks to the owner Neil for his generosity and to Mark who runs their social media accounts. As I said in the vlog, its great to have another local bike business on board.

That's all for this week folks. Keep spreading the word about my trip wherever you can!

Big thanks to this week's anonymous donor who donated £10. That mean my total now stands at £397!

You can donate safely and securely via my Virgin Money Giving site with all money going to Cerebra.


'You must be the change you wish to see in the world' - Gandi

Ride safe!

Gordon

Follow me on Twitter @ArcticRide2014
Like my Facebook page
Subscribe to my YouTube channel

Comments

Popular Posts