VIP at Croft NEMCRC meet

Hi everyone,

As batman would say... HOLY SMOKES.... (would he?) its only 5 weeks until I set off! Wowza.... hasn't that come around fast.

Arctic Ride has now turned into an obsession, full time job, and mistress (as Kirsty calls it) all rolled into one. I've been sending out press releases, conducting interviews of experts for my film, prepping the bike, buying equipment, meeting with sponsors, and being interviewed myself for radio stations and newspapers. Very busy indeed. I knew this was coming though and all the hard work of the past 12 months is really paying of and I'm getting very excited to set off.

I'll be departing for the Arctic on 24th of May from St Mary's lighthouse in my hometown of Whitley Bay in the North East of England. If you are local and want to come and see me off then please find the details on facebook here.

St Mary's Lighthouse - Where I will start my journey
As well as the preparations stated above, I've been very busy with my sponsors raising awareness for my trip. At the start of the month I was invited to the NEMCRC race meet at the Croft circuit as special guest. NEMCRC (North East MotorCycle Racing Club) are sponsors of Arctic Ride 2014 and have been a great support in raising awareness for my ride and Cerebra. To find out more visit the NEMCRC website.

Being a special guest meant that I had exclusive access at the race meet where usually only officials would be allowed. I was invited into the race office to sit with the Clark of the course to get a great view of the circuits and starting line. I was also given access to the time recording team, and I was interviewed by the course commentator and given an unrivaled view of the circuit from the commentary box. However the best part of the day was being given the honour of presenting the race winners with their trophies at the end of the day.

Race meet at Croft

Big thanks to Newcastle photographer, Allinson's Photography for the pictures from the event.

Thanks for reading the blog! Its all getting very real that I'm departing now but I still need your help.

You can share my story by getting people to like my Facebook page: www.facebook.com/arcticride

And if you have donated but would like to visit www.virginmoneygiving.com/arcticride2014 or click the button below.



Ride safe!

Gordon



Comments

Popular Posts