Newcastle to Nordkapp

Hi all,

Wow... what an interesting week it has been in the world of Arctic Ride. Lots to chat on about so why not start with my biggest news of the week; my route has been announced! All the details and a lovely little map can be found in the 'The Route' section above. Or you can watch this 45 second clip which tells you all about it.



Thanks for this clip must go to Adam Clery for helping to develop it and my wife Kirsty for putting up with my attention to detail.

The second big news of the week is that I have been updating the blog and turning it into more a website (yes I might work for the worlds largest technology company but this doesn't mean I'm a tech geek, so I'm pretty proud of myself). There is now a banner across the top where you can find out information about; the ride, the route, who I am, who the charity is, and who my sponsors are going to be. Just to warn y'all this is still under construction so it might be a few weeks until its spick and span. I have also updated the main page so on the right hand side you should see links to my youtube, twitter, and facebook as well as my twitter feed. Also, and the update I'm most proud of, is the favicon (icon before the web address at the address bar) which should now display the Arctic ride logo.

Also this week I've had some good news on the sponsorship front. I can now confirm that I have two sponsors for my trip already! The first is Nomad Biker who are ex-commandos who help with adventure motorcycle travel, Survival and Hostile Environment training for bikers and travellers. They have kindly offered me a place on one of their courses to help get me prepared for riding alone and for the harsh arctic environment. More details to follow in future blogs. The second is NEfit who are a North East based personal training firm who will be helping get my body into shape for riding 8 hours a day for 3 weeks straight. Again, more details to follow in future blogs. For more information about what these guys do please check out their links.

The final item I have been looking at this week is my press release. I am in the process of preparing this for review with carefully selected advisers before sending it out to the regional media to build some coverage for the trip. This is vital in getting my story across to as many people as possible and hopefully some of those will also be able to donate money to this super great cause. On that note, the donation page isn't live yet but will be soon so watch out for the details of where and how you can donate.

That's all for this week. Please check out the rest of my site and the video for the route.

Ride safe.

Gordon

Comments

Popular Posts