NEMCRC

Greetings!

Welcome to another edition of the Arctic Ride 2014 blog. For those of you who are new to the blog basically in May and June of 2014 I will be riding my motorbike 6,000 in 3 weeks to the Arctic Circle and Nordkapp from my hometown of Newcastle upon Tyne all to raise money for brain-injury charity Cerebra.

I've had another very busy week (I know I need a holiday right?) and not only has it been busy but rather successful. On Thursday evening I set off from my house around 8pm on what was a warm summer's eve with my destination the North East MotorCycle Racing Club (NEMCRC). I was kindly invited by Bruce Allinson to present to the club about my adventure.

Parked up ready to chat to the NEMCRC committee
After chatting with the guys and gals of the committee for an hour or so the club kindly offered me a place on their stand at the BikeWise show in Durham on Sunday 28th July to help promote my trip and get my my story out to the wider biking community. not only that but the club also agreed to become a sponsor of my trip and you can see their lovely logo on the right hand side of my blog as well as on the panniers of my bike. Please check out their website and twitter to see what they are all about

www.nemcrc.co.uk

Next I'd like to say a big thank you to everyone who has viewed my video and suggested names for 'Cerebra Bear'. As there have been so many good suggestions I am going to run a vote as I can't decide. So watch out for that vote and check out the vid if you haven't already.

On Sunday of this week I went to visit a bike show not far from my house at North Shields Fish Quay. I managed to miss most of it not only because I got the times wrong but I managed to miss the entrance (there will be a vlog to follow this) but I get this video just as all the other bikes were leaving.



If you haven't seen already I have a new section  of my website (does not apply for mobile users) which is my 'This week's featured video' - This week's is my latest Vlog where I ride the Northumberland coastal route with my mate Ant. -------------------------------->

That's all for this week... Ride safe.

Gordon

Please keep spreading the word about my trip.

Twitter - 'Follow' @arcticride2014Facebook - 'Like' Arctic Ride 2014YouTube - 'Subscribe' - Arctic Ride 2014Donations - With 100% going to charity CerebraCLICK HERE TO DONATE
Do
nations - With 100% going to charity Cerebra




Comments

  1. I'm pleased I mentioned your project to the club, it's great to see you getting so much support from The North East Motor Cycle Racing Club (NEMCRC). I'm sure you will get a lot of interest from spectators, riders and sponsors at their Spring Race meeting at Croft Race Circuit next year.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts