This time next year.. the Route Home (1)

Hi Everyone,

I hope you have all been enjoying reading my 'This time next year...' blogs all about my route to the Arctic Circle & Nordkapp. Its been really fun to write and learn about all the places I am going and I feel good that I have my route planned there already. Now I have the task of figuring out which way I'm going to go to get home :) Over the next few days I will be exploring the route home and all the different options availble to me in the timeframe.

Today's route option is: Sweden.

This will see me leave Honningsvag (A) and the North Cape and then head south, rather than back west from where I came from Alta and Tromso. This route will take me of the E6 which is the main road up the west coast of Norway.


I will continue to head south through Northern Norway (B) until I get to Finland. From here I will travel due south along the Swesish/Finnish border until I hit the baltic sea at Tornio (C) in Finland. From here I will follow the east coast of Sweden. On this route I will pass the town of Ornskoldsvik (D) where on my 2011 trip I had my accident which halted my progress. I'll be sure to take a photo of the spot where I sat beside the road wondering what I would do with a blown tyre and a bust wheel.

Outside Ornskoldsvik in 2011
 From here I will continue South following Sweden's Baltic coast. At the town of Sundsvall, around 300miles North of the captial Stockholm, I wil turn West and head through the Scandinavian mountains until I reach Oslo.

From Oslo I will catch a short overnight ferry to Frederikshavn, Denmark. From Fred I will ride South through Denmark and into Germany where I will head west towards the Netherlands. Depending on how I'm doing for time I will either catch the ferry home from Amsterdam to Newcastle or I will ride through Belgium and France and cross the channel to Dover before heading North home to Newcastle.



Thats all for today... tomorrow... Finland :)

Ride Safe.

Gordon

Comments

Popular Posts