This time next year..day 7

Hi all,

So..I will now be one third of the way through my trip..and probably run out of fresh food and relying more on Mcdonald's or Burger King again. One thing I did find strange on my last trip was the lack of Ikea's in Sweden. (not that I'm on Sweden on this date but I was just thinking about it.) I do love a good plate of meatballs and was hoping to get some authentic ones! I will see what happens on next years trip and see if I can find one.

And now back to Norway and day 6 where I left my last blog. Day 6 will see me leave Trondheim and passing through a lot of nice looking roads. One thing to note is that after I leave Trondheim, I will  not be going to any cities for around 5 days. I will be travelling around 244 miles or so to my destination of Mosjoen.



I have had a quick look at a potential route I could use for this date and have discovered that I will be driving through a place with..possibly..a better name then Middelfart in Germany.. It's Hell..literally..



and Hell actually freezes over in the Winter...made me laugh anyway.. And if I'm really lucky.. I'll buy this and model it :)




I have been having a look at the roads in this area and they look epic.. I'm really looking forward to the fact that I will be filming this trip because then I can show people what I see. Here's an example of the E6 which I will be travelling along just to give you an idea.. in case you have never been to Norway :)



This road above is also one which flooded on my last trip and hampered my efforts further. It was hard trying to find a road that was open to travel north and I'm hoping this won't happen again next year!

Right..back to Mosjoen..some fun facts..it has a population of 1824 people..or 1825 when I get there :) It's another harbour town with it being one of the biggest harbours in Northern Norway, but also reliant on its Aluminium Plant, which is traditionally the towns cornerstone enterprise. I think that for someone who doesn't like seafood..maybe these aren't the places for me for food.. lol Will also be 62 miles south of the Arctic Circle at this point..its getting exciting by this point as I will be an hours ride from the Arctic Circle although still a few hundred miles from Nordkapp, the most northerly point in Europe and my destination for the trip. :)

Mosjoen also has a street containing the largest concentration of 19th Century wooden buildings in Northern Norway..definitely something worth seeing and taking a pic of!



The temperatures, although cold, will hopefully not be too icy at this time of year. I deliberately picked May to travel in as this is supposed to be during the 2 months where there isn't snow and ice.. although knowing my luck this will probably not be true, so taking lots of layers and warm clothes. The average temp for May in Mosjoen is 7.6 degrees Celsius or 45 degrees Fahrenheit..so not too bad..more like summer in the UK..ha ha

Right..so that's it for day 7..tune in again tomorrow for some exciting news on day 8...its going to be a great day if all goes to plan :)

If you would like to sponsor me on my journey and support my chosen charity Cerebra, please go to www.virginmoneygiving.com/arcticride2014 I really appreciate the donations and know that the charity do too. They are helping families like my little brother and improve his quality of life.

Until tomorrow,

Ride Safe,

Gordon

Comments

  1. Dude you can't forget the Diam bars you get at Ikea!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts