This time next year..day 8.

Hi all,

So day 8 is an exciting day.. I will officially be within the arctic circle from today for around the next 10 days, depending on my actual route back... :) I will have reached my first big hurdle and will actually within the ARCTIC CIRCLE...woop Will be a great day and a great achievement.

I must say that it will take me 60 miles to reach the arctic circle...but u get the point..its going to be an exciting day! :)

Day 8 will see me leave Mosjoen, a city and finish the day around 147 miles later in a village called Rognan, Norway.

 

I've put a map which also contains Nordkapp so that you can see how close I am getting to my final stop (on the way there anyway).

Rognan is a 3km village with a population of 2,526..but hopefully it will have a McDonald's for me to stop off at and have a quick munch!

It looks like a small place but magical and very Norwegian. There doesn't seem to be much there apart from some shops, a train station, a church and a museum. What is worrying is that all the pictures I have found is when they are covered in snow....eeekk..lets hope its not like this when I go..


I have been thinking more about the temperatures up in Northern Norway and chatting to some #motochat guys from the US and am now exploring the idea of heated trousers..or pants as the Americans say and heated jacket liner. I already have the use of heated gloves and socks if my good buddy Bernie is going to lend them to me again :) If anyone has any suggestions of essential kit that I might need, then please get in touch. I'd like to hear from others on how u have coped being in cold temperatures.

So from here on in..(for the next 10 days of so) in 365 days I will be in the arctic circle.. with even lighter nights..ha ha

I'm also getting closer to the most northerly point in Europe..Nordkapp..I was gonna go whole hog and go to the North Pole but I figured the Suzuki probably wouldn't appreciate that! ha ha

Keep checking back for the next instalment and follow me on my journey :)

Until tomorrow,

Ride Safe,

Gordon



Comments

Popular Posts