This time next year.. day 4

Hi all,

I had had a massive response to my blog post yesterday so thanks all for reading it and hope you are enjoying following me on my future journey. So..day four already.. :)

I will set off from Landskrona, Sweden  and cross another border (my 7th) and enter Norway. I will ride past Gothenburg and Moss. The last time I rode this way on Arctic Ride 2011 they were building a new motorway so I ended up spending a lot of time overtaking caravanettes...not the most fun you can have on a bike! ha ha Hopefully,now that it will be 3 years later, the motorway will be built..although if it was in England we couldnt guarantee that! I will keep you posted on this..I'm sure you are all gripped..

After around 312 miles, I will end my day at Ski in Norway..(thats not an activity by the way..its the town) :)



I have been to Ski before and it is a commuter town for Oslo. The day that I was there on Arctic Ride 2011, I stayed at a fellow motorbike buddies house in Krakstad, a village near Ski. It was nice not camping for a night and as well as having a comfy bed, was great being fed non-camping type food and was good company for the night. I'm hoping that in exchange for Newcastle Brown Ale and some good chat, Hans may well let me stay again.

As you can imagine, when you put Ski into popular search engines, the activity tends to come up more than the town, but I did find out some good stuff for all those interested. :)



This is me trying to look cool and look at the map whilst in Ski:



And just to prove that it was definately Ski...check out the bus behind me.. although my face does look rather grumpy.. I'm not even sure why to be honest.. prob just tired and sore bum after so much riding!




Like most towns, Ski has a train station a shopping centre which included such shops as this...



And of course, my most visited place..no not Ikea..but macdonalds!! :) Ski was a lovely place, as is most of Norway that I visited to be honest..Once you get over the fact that you can buy Reindeer in the shops that is..



So..thats its for day 4..I'm getting  closer to the arctic circle by this point and crossed my final border before reaching my destination. Check it out again tomorrow to find out where I will be heading next in 365 days. :)

If you would like to sponsor me and support my chosen charity Cerebra, please go to: www.virginmoneygiving.com/arcticride2014 and if you are on twitter please follow me @arcticride2014.

I would love to hear if you have any recommendations for places not to be missed.

Until next time..

Ride Safe

Gordon

Comments

Popular Posts