Real Rider

Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the latest edition of the Arctic Ride 2014 blog.

During the week my wife Kirsty and I wrote a blog about Cornish local councillor Colin Brewer who made some very derogatory comments about disabled children at a County Hall event in Truro in October 2011.

"disabled children cost the council too much money and should be put down" - Colin Brewer

I thank all who read the article and who signed the petition which is asking for Colin Brewer to stand-down as local councillor. Your support is truly appreciated and its great to know that there are plenty of people out there who care about and are willing to stick up for disabled children like my little brother Robbie. If you haven't yet read the blog post please click HERE to view. To sign the petition please visit the following link: https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/46463

This week I have again been again working hard to get the word out about Arctic Ride 2014 and get companies on board with what I am trying to achieve which is raise as much money for Cerebra as possible. On Wednesday afternoon I braved the awful North East weather (rain, wind and oily roads) and headed out on the Suzuki to meet with Andrew from Real Rider.

REALRIDER® is a dedicated Social Network and Smartphone App for motorcycling with innovative safety features. It gives bikers a new on line home; an exclusive web and mobile network where you can meet other riders, explore new routes, share experiences -through video and chat - in real time and by location. If you are biker I would suggest you sign up on their website and connect with me.

During my meeting with Andrew we discussed all about my trip and how Real Rider would be able to assist. The Real Rider app will allow me to track my location and route on my adventure next year so all you bikers can keep up to date with where I am and what I am doing. More to come on this soon so watch this space.

In the next few weeks there will be a lot more blog posts coming your way and for a good reason. Its coming up to one year to go until I depart for the Arctic and so I'm giving a sneak preview into where I will be each day and the cool places I will be visiting. I might also throw in a fact or two (that's right, Gordopedia is back) about the places I am passing and how many miles I will be travelling each day now that the route has been confirmed.

The fundraising total is now up to £158, so a massive thanks to all who donated this week. You can donate by visiting the following link www.virginmoneygiving.com/arcticride2014

376 days until take off :)

Ride safe!

Gordon



Comments

Popular Posts