This time next year.. Day 5


Hi all,

So..this time next year it will be Day 5 of Arctic Ride 2014. If you haven't read where I will be for the previous days, please check out my other blog posts and if you would like to see my full route..please click on this link.. http://www.arcticride.blogspot.co.uk/p/the-route.html There is also a wee video you can watch to give you more info. I have also been working on an interactive map to make it even more fun...if that's possible..ha ha

So.. as in the previous blog post..day 5 sees me in Ski, Norway.. a town near to Oslo. When I was here during Arctic Ride 2011, I stayed the night at my friends house, Hans and, as said before I am hoping I am able to do this again. Also, on my way back, I had a few rest days in Oslo and Moss and my wife, then Fiancee was able to come out to see me and we spent a few days being tourists and being ripped off in the process.



I do love Scandinavia but compared to the prices in the UK, it can be a bit scary. She's not too keen on being on the back of the bike..not because of my riding skills I must add..I just don't think she has it in her blood like me...but I layered her up in 6 layers of warm clothes and protective gear and as it was raining she also wore my waterproof suit..



I am not sure if we will be able to do this again next year and I think it is dependant on how I am getting on with my route.

Day 5 of my trip next year is set at the moment for a 'rest day.' I have scheduled three days in the trip in total and this is for 'just in case.' I am hoping that all will go well with my trip but, as last time I was delayed for 5 days, its important to make sure that I have sufficient time to complete my ride. If I am behind for any reason, I will use this day to travel. I also want to make sure that I have time to update everyone back home and here about my progress and upload some videos. :)

Talking of videos..as I have no fun facts for you today..I thought I would share with you a You Tube Video of the recording of my interview on BBC Newcastle which was aired on 25th May 2013. If you don't know what I am talking about.. here is this week's #blogsunday chatting about it and other updates for this week: http://www.arcticride.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/i-can-see-my-name-in-lights.html and here is the video for you to enjoy:




This and all other media coverage can be found here: http://www.arcticride.blogspot.co.uk/p/press-coverage.html if you would like to read some more.

Anywho..so Day 5 of my trip is a rest day if all goes to plan and if you want to know where Day 6 will take me, please check back in tomorrow for more.. I'm getting closer to the Arctic Circle and my destination :)

If you would like to sponsor me on my endurance adventure, please go to www.virginmoneygiving.com/arcticride2014

Until tomorrow,

Ride Safe,

Gordon.

Comments

Popular Posts