Day Eighteen - Welcome to the Arctic

Hi all,




Well its been a long time coming but I'm finally here! Bodo, Norway inside the Arctic Circle and its very hot here today. I've filled my grand day out here by visiting the local cathedral, the Nordland museum and by having a general wonder around town. My one disappointment is that, unlike me, they don't seem all that bothered that the town is in the arctic circle. In my head when I arrived I imagined a big banner saying 'Welcome to the Arctic Circle Gordon' with some reindeer and elk milling around and Santa chilling out on his sailing boat. But no, nothing like that. Not even a small sign or a guy selling 'Arctic Circle' t-shirts from a stand on the street.

I did however find some 'Arctic Water'. Oh yes, pure water from arctic Norway! But can you guess what kind of water Gordon picked up???? Sparkling... bloody sparkling water!?! Who would actually choose the stuff over either regular water or lemonade? Well me apparently, every time I try to buy water in Scandinavia... Tusk!

It has been a long 18 days on the road but its all been worth it to raise so much money for Cerebra. I can't thank you enough for your donations and support throughout my journey so far.

Now the task is to get home! On Thursday evening I have the pleasure of Kirsty coming to visit me in Oslo :D So it will be two days chilling and enjoying the sights before I have the task of riding 1,500 miles in 6 days back to Newcastle.


Ride safe,

Gordon xx

Comments

Popular Posts