Day 6 - Greetings from Sweden

Hello everyone,

For only the second time on the trip I've managed to get internet. Although, with Kirsty's excellent blogging skills it hasn't mattered so far.

I'm currently in Sundsvall, Sweden some 350 miles further on than I was this morning. Its been a difficult day as once again its been very windy (a theme of Sweden so far) and as of about 50 miles ago I have ran out of motorway. Being this far north however means that daylight is on my side. I'm almost past the point of the nights being dark which is good for long riding days but bad for my sleep. I managed to find my first Netto of the trip. If you were thinking 'Netto, Scandinavian for value' then sweden is a very expensive place. I paid near enough £7 for 3 bananas (small) two apples, a can of diet coke, a bottle of water (hopefully still I haven't opened it yet) and 6 hamburger rolls. If that had been ASDA - £2.39. Anyway people did warn me it would be an expensive place. I must go cook some food as I am a very hungry boy but no doubt Kirsty will kindly fill you in with the bits of the day I have missed.

Speak to everyone soon and a big thanks for all the donations and messages. They have been a real boost! Its been very tough travelling alone but I'm getting used to it. Also for all those interested it is my intention to be Philipe (Mr French) to Nordkapp.

Ride safe,

Gordon

Comments

Popular Posts