"Gordon Stuart (AKA The Arctic Rider) is on a mission to ride his motorbike across the Arctic Circle in every country possible, while raising money and awareness for causes close to his heart."

“It started in 2011 as a charity ride to the Arctic Circle that didn’t really go to plan, and has become a near obsession with the Arctic, an obsession with riding a motorbike, and an obsession helping organisations who help others” - Traverse Magazine, November 2017.

To date, Gordon has raised over £13,000 for charities, ridden over 14,000 miles as part of the challenges.

Gordon is an Ambassador UK-brain injury charity Cerebra and global youth leader forum One Young World, and fundraiser for special care babies charity Tiny Lives. He is keen motorcyclist, writer, and film maker.

Day Twenty - A rolling stone gathers no Moss


Sorry again for the lateness of the blog, we'll be back upto date soon.

So after a comfortable nights sleep I packed up the bike and headed for Moss where Kirsty and I would be staying. The day started as most days on the trip have with me heading for McDonalds in a local town called Ski but only to use the wifi this time. However the wifi decided it didn't want to work so I hit the road again for Moss. Some hot sunny weather and some very nice and twisty roads made for a good hours ride down to Moss. My first job was to head for the hostel that we were booked into to check in. Fail number 1. You can only check in between 8-12 and 4-8. So my arrival at 12.30 wasn't so good.

So I headed into town and ate a lunch of crusty rolls dipped in philadelphia with a side of choccy and a banana. Lovely stuff!

Just after lunch I discovered bit problem number 2 of the trip, not quite as serious as my tyre deciding to explode but equally as illegal in the eyes of the Norwegian Police, my rear light bulb had gone. So I visited the worlds smallest motorcycle dealership. When I first drove passed I just thought it was someone who had a garage with a glass side to it and two motorbikes. But I was wrong it was infact a dealership selling the most awful looking Korean bikes for unreal prices (the guy wanted nearly £5,000 for a second hand 125 from a brand that I haven't even heard of... Jog on!). I then went and asked if the guy had the right bulb and he did. So after fitting it I asked how much that would be, '40kroner' was the answer (£4ish) but after his card machine failed to accept my card he asked how much I had in cash. The long and the short of it was thet I paid 12kroner for it which made me think that 40 was maybe an inflated price, nevermind.

Onto the hostel again and I arrived about 3.30pm. With the doors open and the staff about I asked if it was ok for me to check in now. 'Noooo! is not ready!' was the answer... so I told the woman I'd just go sit and enjoy the sun for half an hour.

After finally getting into the room and unpacking the bike I headed to the supermarket to pick up some supplies and then onto the airport to wait for Kirsty's flight to arrive. I've never been so excited for a Ryanair flight to land and I was very pleased when the flight arrived a good 30mins early :D and on the 10miles ride back to Moss the weather was on our side and allowed Kirsty the experince a non-rainy bike journey for the first time in about 18 months.

Thats all for todays blog. Keep an eye out for more soon.

Ride safe,

Gordo xxxx

Todays Milage - 60
Total Milage - 4,784


Popular posts