Day Ten - still waiting

Hi everyone,

Well I'm still stuck here but hopefully this will be my last night and I'll be moving again tomorrow.

To pass the time today I have repacked my luggage to make it more efficient. I also used the WiFi services of burger king again at lunchtime. Not sure if I mentioned this yesterday but the king operates slightly differently up here. You get your food on a fried to order basis and have to mill around at the till area until your order gets called out. Something that had tickled me though is that whilst I order in English they always call my order out when its ready in Swedish. Luckily for me the word for cheeseburger seems to be the same in Swedish so I had no issues today.

I've also recycled some plastic bottles at the supermarket giving me 4kroner (40p) extra to spend. Woop.

I had read about a hill walk which takes you right to the top of a hill that overlooks the town and thought it might be quite fun. Although being the lazy so and so that I am I found a way to drive to the top. Lovely views and I'll try and get some pictures uploaded soon. I also discovered that I've managed to end up being stuck in a world heritage site. For all those interested  its called the high coast and was formed at the end of the last ice age when a glacier decided to melt slower than its other glacier friends and somehow causes this stunning scenery. Win.

Apart from that I've just been counting down the hours till tomorrow when I hope to be back on the open road with my ER5. How I've missed him.

Massive thanks again for the donations that have been coming in. It's great how much we have raised and I am grateful to every one of you.

Let's hope in tomorrows blog I'll be telling you about more biking related fun.

Ride safe.

Gordo xx


Miles 148
Total Mileage - 2,230

Comments

Popular Posts