Day Nineteen - Tuborg anyone?

Hi all,

Sorry for the lateness of my blog tonight. I've had a somewhat chilled evening with a homecooked meal and a few Tuborg beers at my Norwegian friend Hans' house. Also I will have luxury of a real bed for the evening rather than sleeping on the ground in a tent. Now for all you Peep Show fans out there, no Hans is not 'Superhands' from the show. He is however a fellow motorcycle enthusiast who has been kind enough to help me out while I've been in Norway.

The highlights of my day have been chatting to a German couple who are on a train holiday (whatever that is) of Scandinavia. They also told me they had visited the world's second best train museum in Gavle in the past few days, a town I was in only a few days ago.... As for the best train museum in the world (I did ask them) a little town by the name of York! and yes the Germans will be there this time next year for train tour part 2. One thing I did learn from them is that East Germans don't like West Germans. My east German friends even took to laughing at some West German tourists with the quote 'bloody Germans' haha. As you'd expect the war came up in conversation (not on my part, I've seen Fawlty Towers and know the consequences) but it was to have a go at the French so a good time was had by all.

The plan for tomorrow is to find our Hostel in the town of Moss for tomorrow evening and get myself out of biker mode and have a shower and a shave before picking Kirsty up at the airport in the evening before having a few chilled days in Oslo town. And yes i'm well excited!!!

thats all for this evening,

Ride Safe,

Gordo xxxxx

Comments

Popular Posts